2. Who We Are
2.1. The website www.mexdigital.com is operated by MEX Digital Pty Ltd, incorporated under the Corporations Act in Australia and trading as “MEX Digital” (“we”, “our” or “us”) so that we may: contact you with information and offers, suggestions and recommendations of products and services which may be of interest to you.
2.2. Where we use “our site” in this privacy notice, we mean www.mexdigital.com.
2.3. Company Name: MEX Digital Pty Ltd
2.4. Company Number: 645164209
2.5. Registered Office: Suite 6103 Level 61, 19-29 Martin Place, Sydney, NSW 2000
2.6. Operating Country: Australia
3. The information we collect about you
3.1. Information automatically collected
Each time you visit our site, we may automatically collect information about you and the device you are using,including:
• information about which pages you visit and which resources you use on our site
• information about how you got to our site
• your internet protocol address known as your IP address which is used to connect your device to the internet
• information about your preferences and items you have bookmarked, liked or shared
• your device’s operating system and platform
• the type and version of the browser you are using
• browser plug-in types and versions which extend the functionality of your browser, for example Pinterest, Evernote and Adblock
• MAC addresses which are used as network addresses for Wi-Fi and Ethernet
• traffic data, which is aggregated information about the number of visitors, sessions, users
and page visitsto our site
• location data
• time zone setting
3.2. Information we get from others
3.2.1. We may get information about you from other third-party sources. These other third-party sources will have their own applicable privacy notices, cookie notices and terms and conditions regarding the use of personal data and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those notices, terms and conditions or the use of your personal data by those other third-party sources.
3.3. Information you give us
3.3.1. We also collect any information you provide to us directly by filling in any of the forms on our site.
If you sign up with us, we will also collect:
• your name
• your email address
• your address
• your telephone number
• your gender
• your date of birth
• confirmation that you are over 18 years of age
• username and password
• driver’s license, passport number or national ID number
3.3.2. Please note that as a user of our website, you are responsible for keeping your login information including your password confidential. If you believe that your login information or password has been compromised or that someone else has accessed your account, please notify us immediately by contacting us at [email protected].
3.4. Where do we get your information from?
3.4.1. We collect the information you provide to us directly by filling in any of the forms on our website.
3.5. Why do we need your information?
3.5.1. We need the information you provide directly by filling in any of the forms to:
• contact you with information and offers, suggestions and recommendations of products and/orservices which may be of interest to you;
• contact you about those products and/or services on our site in which you have expressed an interest
• provide our services to you;
• answer your specific enquiry or respond to your complaints;
• prevent fraud, money laundering or other illegal activity and;
• comply with our regulatory or legislative requirements
3.5.2. You do not have to give us any information or confirm that the information we have obtained from othersources is correct.
3.6. Who do we share your information with?
3.6.1. We sometimes share some of your information with other organisations, including our affiliates and partners.
3.6.3. We use Google analytics to collect details of how you use our site, as well as anonymous data that you enter into our forms. We do this to help us analyse how visitors use our site (including behaviour patterns and the tracking of visits across multiple devices). All the information that is collected is anonymous andis only used to improve how our site works.
3.6.4. We also use a number of carefully selected third parties to supply us with products and services. We will only share your information with our suppliers where it is necessary for them to provide us or you with theservices that are needed.
3.7. Where is your information stored?
3.7.1. Your information is stored on servers and filing systems in the United Arab Emirates.
3.7.2. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of third parties (e.g., payment processing sites). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own terms and conditions, privacy notices and cookie notices and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those notices or your use of those websites.
3.7.3. Unfortunately sending information via the internet is not totally secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.
3.8. How do we protect your personal information?
3.8.1. MEX Digital is concerned with keeping your data secure and protecting it from unauthorised disclosure. We implement a variety of security measures to ensure the security of your personal data on our systems.
3.9. How long do we keep your information for?
3.9.1. We only keep your information for as long as we need it.
3.9.2. If you have an online account with us or provide information directly to us by filling in the forms on our site, we will keep your information for no more than 7 years from the date you cease to have any active accounts with us. We keep your information for this long so that we can:
• ensure we contact you with information on products, services, suggestions, offers and recommendations relevant and appropriate to you
• deal with any issues or concerns that you may have about how we handled your account
• bring or defend any legal claims
• comply with regulatory audit requirements
4. Do we carry out profiling and automated decision making?
4.1. The profiling and automated decision-making we carry out in respect of the information we hold about you and your account is used to enable us to ensure relevant information, suggestions and recommendations for products are sent to you by us.
5. What rights do you have?
5.1. Under the data protection rules, you have a number of rights in respect of your information, which include theright to:
• access your information
• withdraw your consent to the processing of your information at any time
• ask us to make changes to the information we hold about you to make sure that it is accurate and up todate
• delete or erase your information (sometimes called the right to be forgotten)
• stop or restrict our processing of your information
• object to our processing your information
• not be subject to automated decision-making and
• request the transfer of some of the information we hold about you (known as data portability).
5.2. You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you by sending your request in writingto us at [email protected].
5.3. Before we respond to your request, we will ask you for valid proof of identity and once we have received it, wewill provide our response within one month. If your request is unusually complex and likely to take longer than a month, we will let you know as soon as we can and tell you how long we think it will take. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, for instance if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
5.4. You can unsubscribe from our emails at any time by clicking on “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email.
6. Making a complaint
6.1. If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about the way we process your personal information,please contact [email protected].
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint or are still concerned about our handling of your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with the relevant privacy supervisory authority.
If you are not happy with the way we have handled your complaint or are still concerned about our handling of your personal information, you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the
Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) who is the privacy supervisory authority. You may contact them either by submitting an Online Enquiry Form, by post on GPO Box 5218, Sydney, NSW 2001 or telephone on +611300363992
7. OFAC contact details
7.1. If you have any questions regarding The Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”) of the US Department, please contact them on [email protected] or by post on Office of Foreign Assets Control, U.S Department of the Treasury, Treasury Annex/Freedman’s Bank Building, 1500 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20220.